March 12, 2009

Happy Retirement Mom & Dad





Celebrating Retirement! We surpised my Dad by meeting at one of his favorite restaurants (of course it serves fried chicken, if you had to ask, you don't know my Dad! lol!) for dinner. We bought both of my parents a cake since my Mom retired last year from her work. It was so cute! It was decorated with my Dad riding on his John Deer "tractor" and my Mom in her flower garden. We all got together beforehand at Skip and Melissa's house and she helped the grandkids make personalized garden stepping stones for my folks. Each of them got to help create their own stone complete with their handprints and names. My parents love their gardens and I think the stones turned out so wonderful! I know my Dad will have a hard time learning to relax and enjoying time just doing nothing. They've purchased a little camper and I know they want to spend some time camping with my Uncle Tim and Aunt Camilla. I'm so proud of the career my Dad has made for himself. He worked so hard and earned the reputation of someone who has great leadership abilities, an outstanding work ethic, and most of all, a man of intergrity. My mom worked hard to help support our family and she sacrificed so much to help send us to college. My parents are wonderful people who know what hard work means and the benefits of determination. I pray they can have many years of happiness in enjoying each other and embarking on many adventures together. They have really given us so much and have helped out with babysitting already. I am thankful they have given all of us a wonderful example to follow in our own lives. To never give up, always give your best, and hard work always pays off - maybe not in riches untold, but in a wealth that can only be measured by a man's character. Happy Retirement Mom and Dad!


































The Golden Years full of love, family, and the joy of grandkids!
What more could you ask for? 

No comments: