March 24, 2009

QUILT OF WISHES

Thank you!
Jessa Li Hope loves her special quilt of wishes so much! Thank you to all our family and friends for giving this gift to her and especially to Kelly for her wonderful artistry in creating TWO such absolutely beautiful quilts!

The first one has separate, individual, big squares and little squares that showcase your specific fabrics and is backed with the fabric we bought for her called "Chinese Children" and surrounded with a special fabric that resembles bamboo which Kelly chose specifically to symbolize Jessa Li's birthplace in Zunyi, China.

Jessa LOVES this quilt and cuddles with it everyday while watching Elmo or sitting on our laps. It is just her size and she adores it! She loves to proclaim, "Jessa's blanket!" and it gives her such ownership and a true feeling of belonging in our family! The amazing bigger quilt is hanging in Jessa's room for her to enjoy!

It also displays each of the fabrics but with the added creativity of flowers and different sizes of squares including these very tiny detailed squares that "keyboard" around the entire quilt, and then rectangle pieces that line the back. It is quilted with a fun daisy pattern which I love! So fun!

Kelly was able to incorporate all of the adorable fabrics everyone gave to us and somehow they all work together! I am amazed how well everything combines and the contrast too! More than anything though, it is so endearing to look at the quilt and see pieces of all of YOU!

So many prayers are represented, so many hopes for Jessa, so much love surrounds her when she snuggles with it. As you can see, her smile says it all! Thank you!

6 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

The quilt is so beautiful! I love it. Email when you get a minute, I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the beautiful quilt! What a wonderful way to share the love from your family and friends! We love you! Aunt Camilla and Uncle Tim

Unknown said...

wow, hoe beautiful. She did a fantastic job. I can't wait to see the quilting.
tia

Joy Pierce said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am jealous, still have squares but no quilt! : ) They are both so darling, she did a great job. And what a special keepsake for Jessa.
Hugs
Joy

mcginnis4 said...

Shelly and David,
What a beautiful testimony of you faith in God and how He has carried your family. I am blessed to have read your blog today.

Hugs,

Lori McGinnis

Theresa said...

Hooray! We love seeing the finished product!