August 13, 2009

FIRST HAIRCUT

Today was Jessa's very first "official" haircut.
Back in January, Mommy cut her hair at home because I just wasn't sure how she would handle the trauma of getting a real haircut in the salon. Well, it took HOURS to get it to look just right, and I realized next time we would have to leave it to the professionals. Next time was today! And, amazingly, today's was done in less than half the time! LOL! She was used to sitting still, but there was still the whole idea of some strange lady touching her, squirting stuff on her, and combing her hair every which way. We practiced at home by make-believe playing that I was the stylist and I put a blanket around her just like the capes they use...then we acted out what might happen. I think it went brilliantly! I couldn't have asked her to be any braver! She was very excited to go and have a special day just with Mommy. She knew I was going to get my haircut too. When I was explaining to Hollyn where Mommy and Jessa were going, I said, "We have to go get our hair cut because we look CRAZY and she needs to cut our hair and make us pretty." So...on the way there I reminded Jessa a dozen times where we were going. She kept telling me, "yes! we get haircut Momma! 'cause YOU craaazeee!" nice. Then I said, "remember, you have to hold still." She laughed, "Hoooold still! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!" great. a song from Yo Gabba Gabba is going to make the stylist crazy! I reminded her we can't "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" until we are all done. She smiled.Then it was time! My excited little lady jumped up onto the chair and had no fear when the cape came on...she was all smiles too while the stylist was gathering up her hair...I thought it was going grand! For a 2 1/2 year old, she did marvelous! Then the hairdryer came out. Have I mentioned that she doesn't like wind? at all. not even a slight breeze thrills her. You can imagine the drama that was building.Thankfully my comforting and asking her if she wanted to hold my hand helped to avert disaster - a blowup at the blowout. When it was over, she was one cute, happy, stylin' baby girl! And...she earned that green lollipop with the fuzzy hair stuck to it and all!So proud of you Jessa Li Li! You look MAHVELOUS!













1 comment:

Mike and Rhonda said...

Oh so cute! I am so glad the haircute went well. I am going to save those pics for next time Hannah gets her hair cut.