We'd like to introduce the newest member of our family! The sweetest little puppy in the world came home to our house last Sunday. We decided almost two years ago that if we ever got another dog it would be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We have heard nothing but great news about this breed and about how great they are with children and how much they love to be snuggled. So David agreed, that once all the humans were potty trained (lol!) we could talk about getting a puppy. The girls have been going to the potty all by themselves for months now and they both are making it through the night dry too. Soooo, I started investigating the possibility of bringing home a puppy, but was having a difficult time finding a breeder who had puppies now. Most of them had puppies ready during the Christmas season, so they weren't expecting another litter for some time. Then one night after scouring the Internet for breeders in IN, OH, PA, MI and IL, I found myself face to face with this beyond cute little face. These are the photos the breeder had listed on the purebred sight, and I immediately was taken by his sweet expression.

The only downside was that he wasn't near us, but after looking at a map (remember my navigational skills have always left something to be desired) I really thought it was a doable distance. After all, Missouri is only two states away and the breeder was just outside St. Louis. So I inquired to see if he was still available, and went upstairs to wake up David to tell him I had found our puppy! Once we got in contact with his breeder, we were even more excited to learn that she was a Christian and loved her dogs very much. She is AMAZING and the testimonials on her website were just as promising. So we decided to adopt this little guy even though I had been wrong about "how close" Missouri was, my husband was willing to drive all day and night Sunday to bring our puppy home!

So David and I drove all the way to Missouri and as soon as I held him I knew we had made the right decision. He is a sweetheart! He snuggled with me all the way home and slept in my arms. He has the calmest temperament and is very gentle with the kids. We are working on the potty training and so far he has a 50/50 chance of making it outside. LOL! We chose some names for Andrew to vote on and overwhelmingly the name that we all agreed on was Pippin! He is answering to his name already and is the most comfortable on our laps or laying down sweetly on top of my feet.

Right now he is sleeping in Andrew's lap, and Andrew is so full of JOY! Pippin is definitely keeping the girls HAPPY too! They played outside all day today and yesterday in the fresh spring air with him. Jessa has never really liked dogs, but she loves her puppy! God must have known her fears, because He really did lead us to this little sweetheart. We are all enjoying having a dog. And I think they call that...
PUPPY LOVE!







2 comments:
What a precious puppy!! All of you will have so much fun with this little guy. Pippin is such a cute name!!
Love, Aunt Camilla and Uncle Tim
He is adoraable. At first glance, I thought he was a stuffed animal!
Enjoy him!
tia
Post a Comment